Subject: kern/25279: NFS read doesn't update atime
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/23/2005 12:23:29
Hi,
quoting kern/25279:
	nfsd doesn't update atime of the file for READ RPCs
	because recently nfsd uses VOP_GETPAGES to serve them.

This is hightly annoying in some environnement, and because of this
I'm stuck with 1.6.x on my production NFS servers.
It looks like it shoudln't be too hard to make VOP_GETPAGES update the
atime at last for UFS-like filesystems (FFS and LFS already have their
own getpage vnode operation, I can easily add one for ext2fs), but is it
the right way to go ? would updating the atime from getpage have
bad side effects, or break a traditionnal behavior ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>