Subject: Re: netbsd32 compatibility
To: Dieter Roelants <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/16/2005 01:07:39
--r4GoM5TwEVtHIBfo

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:12:45AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 10:20:21PM +0000, Dieter Roelants wrote:
> > I have an amd64 system on which I was hoping to do package builds for =
=20
> > amd64 as well as for i386. I built and installed a i386 release in a =
=20
> > separate root and started building some stuff to test. The first few =
=20
> > pkgs were no problem but the configure of devel/glib2 fails because a =
=20
> > test program it creates, uses timer_create(2). This call is not (yet) =
=20
> > implemented in netbsd32 compat. So now, my questions;
> > - Are timer_create and some other timer_* calls particularly hard to =
=20
> > emulate or is it something that nobody felt like doing yet?
>=20
> I have them in my local tree, as a few other syscalls.  I don't remember

Well, I got past the timer_create(2) call, but then the configure test
fails for sa_register.  I must admit I haven't even looked at how
difficult it will be to emulate all the SA-related syscalls.  It might
turn out very easy, but I really doubt that (like, how the upcalls will
be done?).  Having the SA syscalls emulated would be good, though.

--=20

--r4GoM5TwEVtHIBfo

--r4GoM5TwEVtHIBfo--