Subject: Re: Compressed vnd handling tested successfully
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/13/2005 13:40:13
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Martin Husemann wrote:
>>>  * find someone who'll feel confident to commit the kernel code
>>
>> IMHO all the kernel changes need  to be conditionalized on some kernel
>> option. There are lots of vnd users out there, most of which never will use
>> this format.

Looking at the code, I wonder how to do this:
  * just add an #ifdef for a symbol around the code, and keep the
    data fields for compression handling in struct vnd_softc
  * put the #ifdef also on the fields in struct vnd_softc
  * use something else than an #ifdef/option (I have no idea on kernel
    hacking :)

Thinking more about the userland tool's name, I wonder if "vndcompress"
would be more appropriate than cl<something>...

  - Hubert