Subject: Re: Compressed vnd handling tested successfully
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/13/2005 13:06:35
On Mon 13 Jun 2005 at 12:23:45 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Anyone ever looked at creating an uncompressing overlay filesystem, so that
> you could store all files as bzip2 -9 encoded on an arbitrary filesystem
> (e.g. iso9660), but without the .bz2 suffix, and read them uncompressed
> throught the fs mounted on top of it?

/usr/share/examples/mount_portal/advanced.1.conf contains something
which is a lot like what you want.

bzcat/          rfilter bzcat/  bzcat %s

> Martin
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!