Subject: Re: S.o.C.: adding XFS support
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Tonnerre <tonnerre@thundrix.ch>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/09/2005 03:40:46
--H8ygTp4AXg6deix2

Salut,

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 02:35:04AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> We sure would think it's a good thing to have, but the question is:
> can you do it? You will need to know XFS, and NetBSD's filesystem code. I=
f=20
> you want to port an existing implementation, you need to be familiar with=
=20
> that implementation, to write it from scratch (preferred, but much more=
=20
> effort) you'll need to know even more.
>=20
> Might be useful to know a bit about your experiences to judge if it's a=
=20
> good project for SoC and _your_. :)

Also, take care if you're not infringing on copyright or patents. After all,
the only free implementation of it is GPL'd, while ours would be BSD'd,
which means that everyone could implement XFS. But I think that shouldn't
be a too big problem, if you reimplement it.

				Tonnerre

--H8ygTp4AXg6deix2

--H8ygTp4AXg6deix2--