Subject: Re: firewire of FreeBSD
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/08/2005 23:20:20
On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 02:00:50AM +0900, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> I fixed some bug, sinse 09/16/2004.

Great!  I apologize for the slow response.

> I renamed from firewire(4) to ieee1394if(4).
> # And renamed from fwcontrol(8) to fwctl(8).

Those look reasonable.  ieee1394if is a bit awkward, but I can't think
of anything else to call it offhand, and it's not something that will
be typed too much.

> You can select fwnode(4) and ieee1394if(4) by option
> FWOHCI_FREEBSD_IMPLEMENTATION.

Is there a good reason to keep two versions?  I don't think our
current firewire code is very operational right now.  What do we
lose if we simply move to FWOHCI_FREEBSD_IMPLEMENTATION ?

> # There is no manpage yet.  ;-)

Anyone want to write a man page or two?

-allen

--