Subject: Re: DRI [was: Re: more summer of code fun]
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tonnerre <tonnerre@thundrix.ch>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/07/2005 01:02:18
--hOh8F6DNH/RZBSFD

Salut,

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 06:59:47PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> > My approach is to put the kernel module into the kernel.
>=20
> I know and I think that's where it belongs - the question is only how
> and where exactly to keep everyone ( well, almost everyone ) happy.

The best way to keep everyone happy is to take the code from DRM, make it
work with as few changes as possible, and send changes back to Anholt.
These changes will have to respect all other OSes the code will be used
for though. This is possible, this is easy, this is the way to go.

We don't need to make a separate codebase just for the hell of it.

				Tonnerre

--hOh8F6DNH/RZBSFD

--hOh8F6DNH/RZBSFD--