Subject: Re: DRI [was: Re: more summer of code fun]
To: Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
From: Tonnerre <tonnerre@thundrix.ch>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2005 19:19:13
--xHbokkKX1kTiQeDC

Salut,

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 11:52:44PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> It would be nice if we could get Tonnerre's patch updated for current
> DRM CVS, which is the upstream of FreeBSD and Linux's DRM.  I went
> through the last diff I saw from him and put a few more bits in CVS, but
> there was a lot of debugging stuff left in, and it was against FreeBSD
> CVS which was outdated.  It looks like the remaining piece than needs to
> be done is the device attachment.  Basically, the issue is getting the
> LKM module loading to have the right pciidlist.  I'm thinking the
> easiest would be to return to templating for the NetBSD (and perhaps
> FreeBSD) *_drv.c bits and then have the lkmhandle and friends in the
> template.

Well, my solution to this was to attach vga on top of the drm, which isn't
really hard to achieve, and seems to work. I'm going to update the patch
to match the DRM CVS, but I'm not going to make it NetBSD specific as
suggested here.

Any chance to get Michael and Martin their sunffb so they won't reinvent
the wheel for it?

				Tonnerre

--xHbokkKX1kTiQeDC

--xHbokkKX1kTiQeDC--