Subject: Re: Summer of code entry: Valgrind port
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Kailash Sethuraman <hsaliak@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2005 19:44:43
Hi

Valgrind is a debugger completely in userspace. However it is closely
tied to the kernel and the arch, hence some code reading of the kernel
would definitely be required.
Afaik, as part of the porting work,  it would be required to write
wrapper code in valgrind for all system calls, among other things. The
netbsd binary being debugged will have to be provided with an
environment by valgrind to make it believe that its running on
netbsd/i386.
 =20
There should not be any kernel changes involved in this project.=20

I can continue discussion on tech-userlevel or such..  I posted to
tech-kern as its the list i was referred to ask for comments, as in
http://netbsd.org/contrib/projects.html#valgrind

Regards,
Kailash=20