Subject: Summer of code entry: Valgrind port
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Kailash Sethuraman <hsaliak@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2005 11:35:51
Hi,

I plan to submit a summer of code entry: Port of valgrind (
http://www.valgrind.org/) to netbsd/i386.  This is something I had
already had on my TODO list for a long time.. so SoC is an excellent
opportunity for me to do something about it.

I intend to start off with the freebsd's port of valgrind at=20
http://www.rabson.org/  and try to port this over to netbsd.
Furthermore, I shall thoroughly document my efforts so that it can be
useful to port valgrind over to other archs/OSes .

I have taken a look at the code and documentation, but not to the
depth which will allow me to comment on the technical aspects of this
porting effort. The main goal is to provide a working version of this
tool to netbsd.

So what do you guys think about this? Will it be a good entry? More
importantly, will this  be useful to NetBSD?

Regards,
Kailash