Subject: Re: netbsd32 compatibility
To: Dieter Roelants <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2005 00:12:45
--UlSMH5l3zSLowFdz

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 10:20:21PM +0000, Dieter Roelants wrote:
> I have an amd64 system on which I was hoping to do package builds for =20
> amd64 as well as for i386. I built and installed a i386 release in a =20
> separate root and started building some stuff to test. The first few =20
> pkgs were no problem but the configure of devel/glib2 fails because a =20
> test program it creates, uses timer_create(2). This call is not (yet) =20
> implemented in netbsd32 compat. So now, my questions;
> - Are timer_create and some other timer_* calls particularly hard to =20
> emulate or is it something that nobody felt like doing yet?

I have them in my local tree, as a few other syscalls.  I don't remember
exactly for that family, but sometimes implementing a syscall in
compat_netbsd32 requires changes in the organisation of code for the
normal path of the syscall.  It is the case for kevent(2), for example.

I wanted to have them all before I started committing, but I've been
lagging a bit on that front.  I might just commit the ones I have as
well.

--=20

--UlSMH5l3zSLowFdz

--UlSMH5l3zSLowFdz--