Subject: Re: DRI [was: Re: more summer of code fun]
To: Tonnerre <tonnerre@thundrix.ch>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/05/2005 22:44:56
On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 10:35:21PM +0200, Tonnerre wrote:
> What's so strange about it? It's the original DRM code with a few changes.

Sorry, should have been clearer - it's the part about future work and
framebuffer drivers that I don't follow. I personally don't have that problem,
my port already has a /dev/fb* that can be extended to handle all this -
but we need a better general solution. My first idea would be something
like a vga-extension driver - something that attaches e.g. a radeon and
supports all the DRI related DMA stuff, but then uses only the standard
vga driver (or code shared with it) for text mode (on ports where text mode
is available)

Martin