Subject: Re: changing default for UFS_DIRHASH and NEW_BUFQ_STRATEGY
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/03/2005 21:26:07
On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 01:30:26PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:

> Are you running with softdeps enabled, too? I've had softdeps and
> new_bufq_strategy bring this system to it's knees when doing a lot of stuff
> at once - but running without softdeps, without new_bufq_strategy,
> everything works just fine.

I can't reproduce what you're describing, but I note that you seem to be
supporting a claim about the effect of one variable by using evidence in
which you explicitly admit that it is confounded with another variable.

That is not very persuasive to me.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky