Subject: Re: rasops "attr"
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/23/2005 13:16:50
--O8XZ+2Hy8Kj8wLPZ

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 02:55:19PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> > > The drivers mentioned above just allocate one big block of
> > > num_chars*(sizeof(long)+sizeof(u_int))
> >=20
> > That's probably a waste. The driver could use its internal
> > types here. Both attributes and character codes are opaque
> > to the wsdisplay layer.
>=20
> Ok, I didn't read the whole wscons source so I wasn't sure about
> opacity. I guess my drivers will eventually switch to 16 or 32 bit
> attributes then, on a bitmapped display flags don't make too much sense,
> two colours are usually enough.

It would be nice to support at least the CGA color definitions which I=20
believe wscons supports. I like the fact that on x86, I get normal=20
messages in one color combo and kernel messages in another (usually=20
varying with the kernel; I like color coding :-) ). I would like it if the=
=20
wscons driver for macppc eventually supported that. :-)

Take care,

Bill

--O8XZ+2Hy8Kj8wLPZ

--O8XZ+2Hy8Kj8wLPZ--