Subject: Re: Doxygen generated documentation
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/21/2005 19:21:54
On 2005-05-21, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 09:11:05AM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:
>> On 2005-05-21, Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
>> > Hey, this is pretty cool!  I don't know doxygen, but this looks like
>> > something we may want to get onto our website, no?
>>
>> I agree. I could handle it, if there's no one against it :)
>
> I am strongly opposed to adding *even more* documentation formats to our
> system.  I have also had some prior experience with doxygen and loathe it.

Well, it's my first experience.. but what's the problem with doxygen, in
your opinion ? I'm not saying we should use doxygen to document code, but
it may help with #include's and call graphs. This is what I've done and
it didn't required any modifications to the code.
Anyway, man pages pages are fine for documention function usage and what they
do.

--
Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>