Subject: Re: full ral(4) support for NetBSD 2.0 and current
To: iMil <imil@home.imil.net>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijn.van.buul@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/19/2005 20:49:42
On 5/19/05, iMil <imil@home.imil.net> wrote:
>=20
> > There's a typo in the patch (A missing semicolon). See the supplied
> > patch-to-the-patch.
> > Other than that, it seems to work quite allright - considerably better
> > than my atu(4) device, but more on that later. In fact, I'm not even
> > using -current, I'm using netbsd-3, and am using the device as we
> > speak.
>=20
> thanks for the report, i applied your patch over the patch :)
> happy to hear it compiles / works also on 3.x

Well, it appears I was a *little* bit overenthousiastic; IPv6 isn't
*always* working. More specifically, rtsol fails with:

get_llflag() failed, anyway I'll try
sendmsg on ral0: Can't assign requested address

But not always. There seems to be a timing aspect to it. Every once in
a while, it'll work.

--=20
Martijn van Buul, martijn.van.buul@gmail.com