Subject: Re: Ehci/Umass bug OK
To: None <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/2005 20:14:11
In message <>, Vincent writes:
>Hi to all,
>That a small message just to say that the bug I has with my USB-Key is
>gone. Writing at USB 2 full speed works, even with 128 Mb files.
>Great Job

What version of what file fixed the bug?  I'm having problems with
freezes when writing large files to a USB flash disk -- the process
ends up in an unkillable disk wait.  OTOH, I managed to back up an
entire disk to a USB 2.0 hard drive; it was slower than I'd have liked,
but it worked.  Of course, the flash disk is FAT32, and I formatted
the hard drive with FFS -- could that be part of the difference?

		--Prof. Steven M. Bellovin,