Subject: atheros driver
To: None <>
From: Karl Janmar <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/2005 23:13:16

I just purchased a new wlan card, a dlink DWL-G520 (PCI). When I boot I
get this message from the ath driver:
ath0 at pci2 dev 6 function 0
ath0: interrupting at irq 5
ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13

pcictl gives this:
002:06:0: Atheros Communications AR5212 Wireless LAN (ethernet network,
revision 0x01)

I suspect that this have something to do with too old HAL version in the
ath driver for this card?

So I have decided to take the bull by the horn and incooperate the
newest changes from freebsd/madwifi.

Is it somebody who can give me some hints on how this is best/fastest
done? Unfortunantly I have very limited time now and need a fast
solution or I will use freebsd when doing my stuff with the card.