Subject: Re: raidframe, cgd and parity errors
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/09/2005 10:31:00
--YYkI1bN/Wg3dLcB1

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 08:13:39PM -0400, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:
> Hmmm, yes.  This works.  When do file systems get unmounted and
> how does this affect something like:
>=20
> 	cgd -> vnd -> ffs -> raid ?
>=20
> Does this pose problems that we'll need to solve?
>=20
> It might be worse to consider raid on cgd on vnd on ffs.  The raid's
> shutdown hooks will be run [potentially?] after the ffs is unmounted.

If this is a problem, perhaps the solution is to make the filesystem
unmounts be shutdown hooks too (added at mount time) so the ordering
is appropriately preserved.

One final unmount at the end could still be run, but would then rarely
have anything to do unless something else went wrong.

--
Dan.

--YYkI1bN/Wg3dLcB1

--YYkI1bN/Wg3dLcB1--