Subject: Re: raidframe, cgd and parity errors
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/04/2005 21:05:16
--GwwLvQJ0l3HSwfoE

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 12:14:01PM +0200, theo borm wrote:
> Kernel raidframe seems to be able to figure out what filing systems are
> mounted on top of it, and cleanly "unconfigures" those before writing=20
> out the parity clean status.

Not at all; the kernel unmounts all filesystems, and then RF writes
out its parity clean status on last device close.

You just need to arrange for non-filesystem users of RF devices to
also let go of them in time; cgd, swap, stacked raid, etc.

Perhaps we could add an 'unconfigure-on-last-close' to cgd, or to
wedges more generally later.  A generic mechanism to publish stacking
tree information probably also belongs as part of wedges.

--
Dan.

--GwwLvQJ0l3HSwfoE

--GwwLvQJ0l3HSwfoE--