Subject: Re: anon allocation
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/30/2005 16:56:10
hi,

this looks pretty good.

adding the extra members to the amap is probably ok now that we are
more aggressive about merging compatible map entries.  (at least,
I think code will minimize the impact of this.)

a few comments on the specific changes:

amap_swap_off
 - we shouldn't ever start over from the beginning, use a marker entry
   for that case too.
 - what is the new XXX comment for?  how would you want to address it?

struct vm_anon
 - get rid of the union that is no longer needed.
 - reformat the now-oddly-wrapped comment.

thanks,
-Chuck