Subject: Re: 2.0: ukbd/ums sans wskbd/wsmouse
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/28/2005 00:05:58
--Mb1GmuWGbG8HO3cw

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:02:13AM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 04:24:57PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> > i think in general all of the audio drivers expect the mid-layer audio
> > ("audio* at audiobus?") to exist.  here i guess you need to guard the
> > call to audio_attach_mi() with '#if NAUDIO > 0" from "audio.h".
>=20
> 	Not having looked at the audio code at all, I would think that it might
> make more more sense to have audio_attach_mi() defined to a noop if the=
=20
> audio* device isn't configured.  Or configuring an audio driver should

This is not the correct way of solving this.  audio_attach_mi() should
live in its own source file whose compilation depends on the audiobus
attribute, as it is an API provided for the audiobus attachment.  This
would make it much easier on the path towards modularisation.

> 	I ran into a similar problem when I tried to configure a kernel without
> an isa device.  Even though there's nothing in the config file that attac=
hes
> "at isa?" things still use functions that are only pulled in when isa is
> configured.

Yes, there are quite a few places for which config dependencies are not
enforced.

--=20

--Mb1GmuWGbG8HO3cw

--Mb1GmuWGbG8HO3cw--