Subject: Re: 2.0: ukbd/ums sans wskbd/wsmouse
To: matthew green <>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/27/2005 11:02:13
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 04:24:57PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> i think in general all of the audio drivers expect the mid-layer audio
> ("audio* at audiobus?") to exist.  here i guess you need to guard the
> call to audio_attach_mi() with '#if NAUDIO > 0" from "audio.h".

	Not having looked at the audio code at all, I would think that it might
make more more sense to have audio_attach_mi() defined to a noop if the
audio* device isn't configured.  Or configuring an audio driver should
automatically pull in the minimum required code it needs.

	I ran into a similar problem when I tried to configure a kernel without
an isa device.  Even though there's nothing in the config file that attaches
"at isa?" things still use functions that are only pulled in when isa is