Subject: Re: UFS+logging @ FreeBSD
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/22/2005 15:22:28
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> It seems there's work underway for adding journaling to UFS, like
> Solaris have. To quote from the FreeBSD Status Report Jan-Mar 2005:

Everyone will probably have varying opinions on this one. In a perfect world,
NetBSD wouldn't crash, but unfortunately sometimes it does.

Currently it takes me 1 hour and 12 minutes roughly to get my service restored
when it happens :( A lot of big disks, and frequent use of cgd does not help.

Personally, we've had no problems with Solaris' UFS+logging, but following the
stories in previous discussions, other's have had different experiences.

Personally, I would welcome our new logging overlords.

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)