Subject: re: UDF project status update
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/19/2005 00:22:27
   On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 08:39:00PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
   > Still since your code does not have a kernel portion, why not start with
   > the FreeBSD one?

   I'd put it different: let Reinoud decide what base he wants to work off - but
   if there is any need for r/o UDF support (which I haven't experienced yet),
   just import the FreeBSD code for now and replace it with the new stuff when
   it is ready. Preferably on a branch first.

i've had need for UDF read support.  i would have vastly prefered it was
in-kernel as the interface to udfclient resembles pre-lukemftp ftp(1) and
drives me insane...  (ie, cli get/put interface with no completion.)

.mrg.