Subject: Re: LEDs, LCDs and so on (was Re: More SPARCbook insanity )
To: Greywolf <>
From: maximum entropy <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/18/2005 15:21:07
Greywolf wrote:
> [Thus spake Michael ("M: ") 7:50am...]
> M:
> M:                          `.'     becomes `_*'
> M:                          `-'     becomes `_***'
> M:                          ` '     becomes `__'
> M:                          `\n'    becomes `____'
> Problem:
> It looks as though '.' will collide with 'n', '-' will collide with 'U',
> space collides with 'M'.

I think you mean "'-' will collide with 'B'"...

It's also kind of silly to try to make up stuff like this, when
International Morse Code already has equivalents for many punctuation

Space of course isn't a "character" in code, and translates to silence
for the length of 7 dits.

Newline is a bit tricky.  The best equivalent is the prosign AA
(didadidah) which is normally used only when handling formal message

 > Not well thought out.

Seconded!  I like the idea though.

73 de