Subject: Re: blist
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/05/2005 16:06:35
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> even if we had vmem, i'd like to use blist for swap allocation
> because it has a special requirement.  ie. it isn't desirable to
> allocate memory in order to get a swap slot.

I have played booting the 2.0 i386 "tiny" bootfloppy in various low memory
configurations, and aparently it needs at least 5MB to get to sysinst.
With 4MB it says "out of memory" (or so) and hangs.

Will "blist" help with that?

(Testing is easy: do a "build.sh release" and boot the boot-tiny.fs with
"qemu -m 4" and see what happens :)

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)