Subject: Hard realtime scheduling
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Oliver Korpilla <Oliver.Korpilla@gmx.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/04/2005 13:53:46
Hello!

I'm new to NetBSD, though I switched to it to maybe participate in some
kernel work. I did a little porting for Linux before (porting to a
non-supported PowerPC board and porting a x86 VMEbus driver), and wanted
a taste of BSD, and NetBSD has the reputation to be the most cleanest in
terms of code and most useful for embedded devices.

As I've read support for realtime scheduling is on the agenda since the
2004 Annual Meeting, so is anyone actively working on this? May I help
out in any way? What approach are you using, where can I read up on it
(papers, articles, etc.)? Is there consensus about the topic?

I'm just a newbie with interests in OS technology who would like to get
his hands dirty, so I hope for your understanding.

Thanks and with kind regards,
Oliver Korpilla