Subject: Re: Added compression handling to vnd driver
To: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/31/2005 01:23:14
[I'm cc:ing lukem@ as the makefs author]

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Florian Stoehr wrote:
> My approch was to have a program that is stand-alone and gets called like
>
> clconfig -c fs-image compressed-image [blocksize]
>
> which has the advantage that the image size is known, thus not
> requiring that much RAM or temp file to compress/decompress.

Hm... what type is "fs-image" - ISO9660, or is UFS allowed too?
For the latter case, it may be interesting to add the functionality to
makefs(8).

For the former case... it would be very nice to add creation of
ISO-filesystems to makefs(8) too, then add this on top. ;)
(== rewrite mkisofs!)

Until that is done, I guess a seperate program is ok, but I'm not really
an authoritative source in that area (as if i were anywhere...)

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)