Subject: Re: Melting down your network [Subject changed]
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/29/2005 16:39:06
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 11:11:45AM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:
> Manu's first message to tech-kern@ said "blocking I/O".  I just
> looked at the PR, and it does, indeed, say "non blocking I/O".
> The test program, however, doesn't set non-blocking I/O.  So I see
> the source of the confusion here.  I think we should be clear in
> the remainder of this discussion if we're talking about blocking
> or non-blocking mode.

The PR is about blocking I/O. I just checked the PR, and it's true
it could be phrased in a simplier way.

"if the socket was not set for non blocking I/O"
Can be simplified in
"if the socket was set for blocking I/O"

That PR was about what happens with blocking I/O.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org