Subject: Re: ACPI-CA v. 20050309
To: Takayoshi Kochi <kochi@NetBSD.org>
From: Kentaro A. Kurahone <kurahone@sigusr1.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/23/2005 17:43:38
--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:35:54AM +0900, Takayoshi Kochi wrote:
> Hi Vincent and Kentaro,
>=20
> Sorry for my inactiveness (as the maintainer of acpi subsystem
> for NetBSD), but I'd like to see what Vincent's real problem is.

No worries.

> Without knowing what's really happening on your laptop when _BST
> is evaluated, the problem may happen in the future again even if
> we import the newer/future version of ACPI-CA, which actually
> happened in the past.

Understood.  From my understanding, a lot of vendors ship hardware
with quirky or plain broken DSDTs, which probably won't be addressed
by a new ACPI-CA.

> With that said, now is a good opportunity to import the newer ACPI-CA,
> because the 3.0 branch is cut, and there's a lot of time to stabilize
> the new one for -current.  But it's another thing to nail down the
> real problem.
>=20
> I'd like to work on importing a newer ACPI-CA for -current in a week
> or two.

Ok.  I'm kind of tied up with TCP/IP code at the moment, so it may be
a while before I get back to doing ACPI related work.

--=20
Kentaro A. Kurahone
SIGUSR1 Research and Development

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp