Subject: ACPI-CA v. 20050309
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/20/2005 22:56:22
Hi there,

as you may now know by my numerous messages ;) I have some problems with
ACPI on my Compaq laptop. I thus decided to import the newest ACPI-CA
code. It seems to work, but some changes are needed, as the following
lines show:

acpi0 at mainbus0
acpi0: using Intel ACPI CA subsystem version 20050309
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemId <COMPAQ,CPQ004A ,30040320>, AslId <CPQ ,00000001>
acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
acpi0: fixed-feature power button present
ACPI Object Type 'Processor' (0x0c) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C01 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0A03 at acpi0 not configured
acpiec0 at acpi0 (PNP0C09): ACPI Embedded Controller
acpiec0: io 0x62,0x66
acpiec0: unable to install GPE handler: AE_BAD_PARAMETER
PNP0A06 at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
NSC6001 at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0401 at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C04 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0100 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0200 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0800 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0B00 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0303 at acpi0 not configured
SYN0100 at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0000 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 at acpi0 not configured
acpibat0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0A-1): ACPI Battery (Control Method)
acpibat1 at acpi0 (PNP0C0A-2): ACPI Battery (Control Method)
acpiacad0 at acpi0 (ACPI0003): ACPI AC Adapter
acpibut0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0C): ACPI Power Button
acpibut1 at acpi0 (PNP0C0E): ACPI Sleep Button
acpilid0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0D): ACPI Lid Switch
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0B at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0B at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0B at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0B at acpi0 not configured
acpitz0 at acpi0: ACPI Thermal Zone
acpitz0: unable to get polling interval; using default of 30.0s
acpitz0: active cooling level 0: 70.0C
acpitz0: active cooling level 1: 65.0C
acpitz0: active cooling level 2: 60.0C
acpitz0: active cooling level 3: 40.0C
acpitz0: critical 93.0C passive 33.0C
acpitz1 at acpi0: ACPI Thermal Zone
acpitz1: unable to get polling interval; using default of 30.0s
acpitz1: critical 93.0C
acpitz2 at acpi0: ACPI Thermal Zone
acpitz2: unable to get polling interval; using default of 30.0s
acpitz2: critical 93.0C passive 16.0C

So I was to planning to tinker with the existing NetBSD code (ACPI and
drivers) to glue it to this new ACPI release. Is anybody currently
working on the same issue? Just in case I might get involved in
duplicate work or vice-versa.

Thanks,
Vincent