Subject: Re: Using SD/CF/etc. type removable FLASH ROM
To: None <martin@duskware.de>
From: Derek God3 <derek0godfrey@netscape.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/18/2005 19:17:05
I've work on embedded with CF writes infrequently
(minutes  - hours) Ram file system for non-persistent
files, a small flash/ram system for logging - worked
well enought as long you found all the heavey duty writes
that may occur when thing go wrong and yes mount
them noatime and synchronus etc. Performance for reads was
pretty much dictated by weaather your IDE controller could DMA or not
since the standard IDE assume things are going to take a while
and PIO interface is 16bits wide at best