Subject: Re: Discussing the future of the NetBSD scheduler
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Sieger <dsieger@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/10/2005 19:46:18
--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 05:30:24PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:
[snip]
>=20
> Well, the first thing that we need is for the scheduler to be in C. I=20
> don't see how we can really maintain a new scheduler w/o that. But then=
=20
> again I'm not a scheduler expert.
>=20
> There was an attempt to do this a while back, but there were problems wit=
h=20
> it and it had to be reverted. :-| I'd suggest getting that working first,=
=20
> then everything else should just drop in.

Could you or maybe someone who has already worked on this explain in
some more datail which parts of the scheduler have to be made less
machine-dependend? Which changes have been attempted to be made
last time?

TIA,
Daniel

--=20
Daniel Sieger           "Denn jeder, der sein inneres Selbst
Universit=E4t Bielefeld   Nicht zu regieren wei=DF, regierte gar zu gern
Technische Fakult=E4t     Des Nachbars Willen, eignem stolzen Sinn gem=E4=
=DF..."
                        Goethe, Faust II

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--