Subject: Discussing the future of the NetBSD scheduler
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Sieger <dsieger@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2005 00:27:52
--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

Hi all,

I am currently thinking about improving/replacing the NetBSD
scheduler. Before starting any work I want to discuss what exactly is
wanted for NetBSD. Just something like the O(1) scheduler Linux has, a
port from FreeBSD's ULE if it turns out to be stable or something more
sophisticated like a pluggable scheduler framework found in Solaris or
Linux?
  Additionaly, can someone more experienced estimate how much work
would need to be done to accomplish one of these alternatives,
especially the last one? What about other developers working on this?
How much support could be expected?

Thanks,
Daniel

--=20
Daniel Sieger           "Denn jeder, der sein inneres Selbst
Universit=E4t Bielefeld   Nicht zu regieren wei=DF, regierte gar zu gern
Technische Fakult=E4t     Des Nachbars Willen, eignem stolzen Sinn gem=E4=
=DF..."
                        Goethe, Faust II

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--