Subject: Re: openat(2) and friends
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/02/2005 14:02:02
>>> [...] extended attributes [...]
>> [...what do these have to do with one another?...]
>> What am I missing?
> NFSv4

I gather that NFSv4 does have something to do with extended atributes,
but I can't see that Steinar's suggestion has anything at all to do
with NFSv4, so I don't see its relevance.

Or is there something about NFSv4 that is relevant to the "walk this
path relative to the directory this fd is on" semantic?  I can't see
how there could be - am I just exposing my ignorance of NFSv4?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign