Subject: Re: direct I/O
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/28/2005 20:47:31
--fDERRRNgB4on1jOB

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 12:10:36AM -0800, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> comments?

You mean apart from "yay"? :)

I hope this could be used by vnd(4), to let it use the higher-level
vnops without causing cache pollution, rather than VOP_BALLOC etc, it
would be a great thing, to let vnd deal with holey files.  I have a
somewhat more complex restructuring of vnd sketched out to deal with
some other issues, and which happens to also make this easier, but
the whole lot would get a *lot* simpler if so.

--
Dan.

--fDERRRNgB4on1jOB

--fDERRRNgB4on1jOB--