Subject: Re: LFS (was Thank you NetBSD)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/23/2005 22:38:51
der Mouse said:

>I know a site that was using AdvFS.  I think they eventually bullied
>DEC into coughing up an fsck.  (Something similar happened at another
>site that was using IRIX's xfs; they I am sure managed to pry loose an
>fsck for their case.)

The first time I saw this was when I was working for an unamed defense
and government contract company in the air traffic control division. I was
the campus UNIX "guru". The project was a new air traffic control system for
Germany that was hosted on Alphas. They were doing a crash test for the
customer and the system came up wanting fsck. They dragged me in. I looked at
the screen, rubbed my chin, and said "Call DEC". :-)

--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		http://www.rmkhome.com/