Subject: Re: alsa?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/22/2005 18:54:00
In message <3731.1109122262@splode.eterna.com.au>,
matthew green writes:

>   Is anyone still working on ALSA for NetBSD?  How far is it?  How much
>   needs to be done?
>

>i don't think anyone has answered this bit:  to the best of my
>knowledge no one is working on this or has planned it...

What kernel functionality are we missing? David Griffith mentioned
operations on multiple fd's. Does that mean an in-kernel mixer, or what?

All I know about ALSA is perusing one ALSA driver for hardware info,
back before our current ymf driver existed. I know zilch about the
userland API.  (Which is why I noted my earlier negative comment was
about networking code, not the ALSA layer per se.)