Subject: Re: ktrace-lwp branch
To: Nick Hudson <nick.hudson@dsl.pipex.com>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/16/2005 06:45:02
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:42:13AM +0000, Nick Hudson wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm at a point where I'd like to merge ktrace-lwp sometime soon. As yamt-km is
> also ready for merge I'll delay my merge until a few days after yamt-km has
> gone in.
>
> Any comments on the branch and/or the merge plan?

hi,

could you post a summary of what major interfaces are changing?
(ie. anything that would have warranted updating the kernel version.)
I assume they're mostly just changing "struct proc" to "struct lwp",
but it would be nice to know where all that had to happen, and if there
were any other interface changes required.  also, I saw your most recent
checkins had to do with the file format, could you describe how that
is changing as well?

thanks,
-Chuck