Subject: Re: Anyone working on ATA over Ethernet?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/15/2005 10:04:53
--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

Hi,

Gordon Waidhofer wrote:
> iSCSI appears a toy. So does SATA. So did SCSI at one time.
> The toys will win.

Well, it was the Small Computer System Interface, I think...

But if iSCSI is seen as a wide area transport, don't forget the cost
of either secured seperate cabling, or IPSec at both ends...

At least, with iSCSI there is this option. With ATA over raw Ethernet,
I'm not aware of such a solution (unless you count using an encrypted
disk layer like cgd on top of that, which doesn't solve all the=20
problems).

Regards,
	-is

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK