Subject: USB2 fullspeed performance
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2005 00:15:09
G'day,

Where can I find benchtests performed for USB2 compliant controllers on
NetBSD-i386 that would give some indication on the expected maximum data
bandwidth? Currently, I'm only managing a maximum of 4MBytes/sec with a
Intel 82801DB USB EHCI Controller (rev. 0x01) connected to a Cypress 7C63013
device (FX2), which is a long way off from its theoratical 480Mbits/sec of a
fullspeed USB2 interface.

Are there any suitable open source utilities for the purpose of testing and
verification of USB2 interface performance on the NetBSD-i386?

With many thanks in advance,

cheerio Berndt
--
Every man who says frankly and fully what he thinks is doing a public service.
[Leslie Stephen]