Subject: Re: USB2 fullspeed performance
To: None <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/13/2005 07:49:40
On 00 Jan 00 00:00:00,
Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> G'day,
>
> Where can I find benchtests performed for USB2 compliant controllers on
> NetBSD-i386 that would give some indication on the expected maximum data
> bandwidth? Currently, I'm only managing a maximum of 4MBytes/sec with a
> Intel 82801DB USB EHCI Controller (rev. 0x01) connected to a Cypress 7C63013
> device (FX2), which is a long way off from its theoratical 480Mbits/sec of a
> fullspeed USB2 interface.

You meant high-speed USB interface, didn't you?  Full-speed is
10Mbits/sec (or is it 12?)  High-speed is the fast one.  I (and
everyone else I know) thinks the USB people were on crack when they
thought up those names.  If you really are configuring it at full speed,
there is some chance for improvement there (2x or 3x), but not 100x.

Jon Buller