Subject: Re: devd-alike for NetBSD
To: Jachym Holecek <freza@liberouter.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/09/2005 13:59:17
On Feb 9, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Jachym Holecek wrote:

> One other question: would it be acceptable for drvctl to be compiled
> unconditionally? Currently, it is subject to "pseudo-device". I'm not
> sure how to ellegantly support keeping it optional.

I don't think it should be optional.

In any case, even if it is, the infrastructure calls that drivers /
busses would make could always be present in subr_autoconf.c

BTW, I think that only busses (i.e. things that attach children) should
be sending the notifications.  That way only one place needs to deal
with attach, detach, and not-configured type notifications (busses, not
busses and drivers).

-- thorpej