Subject: Re: ACPI suspend support.
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/27/2005 09:32:12
On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 16:01 +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:05:09PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> > All of your patches have been applied. Thanks!
>
> Another datapoint on my older latitude c600, just because I felt like
> trying it even though I didn't expect it to work.
>
> S1 seems to almost work, in that the laptop 'freezes' and the power
> light goes to a slow blink.  It does not switch off the display,
> however, so I'm looking at the frozen screen contents until I press
> the power button to resume - at which point the display and backlight
> power off as everything else comes on again. Switching VT's brings the
> display back, and everything is fine from then on, except for the
> esa(4) which has no powerhooks yet.

Not sure what display adapter you have, but with my d600 I need to use
pkgsrc/sysutils/radeontool to toggle my backlight when I enter and leave
S1 sleep.

Strange about esa not working, as Kentaro said the device isn't turned
off in S1. Also, I remember hacking on the powerhook for esa years ago
(I was able to APM suspend/resume while an MP3 was playing and the music
would continue where it left off).

Since you seem to be having some strange problems, we might have to use
your c600 as a guinea pig in the future. Thanks for volunteering :)

Cheers,
Jared