Subject: Re: ACPI suspend support.
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/27/2005 16:01:34
--pZs/OQEoSSbxGlYw

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:05:09PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> All of your patches have been applied. Thanks!

Another datapoint on my older latitude c600, just because I felt like
trying it even though I didn't expect it to work.

S1 seems to almost work, in that the laptop 'freezes' and the power
light goes to a slow blink.  It does not switch off the display,
however, so I'm looking at the frozen screen contents until I press
the power button to resume - at which point the display and backlight
power off as everything else comes on again. Switching VT's brings the
display back, and everything is fine from then on, except for the
esa(4) which has no powerhooks yet.

S2 seems to have no effect at all.

S3 seems to power everything except the backlight off (the LCD panel
is off, but I get a bright white background).  Powering on again I see
the previous screen contents for a fraction of a second before the
machine reboots.

Being in or out of the docking station doesn't seem to affect the
above.

It's great to see progress on this, thankyou and keep it up!

--
Dan.
--pZs/OQEoSSbxGlYw

--pZs/OQEoSSbxGlYw--