Subject: Re: ACPI suspend support.
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/26/2005 13:07:32
At 08:44 AM 1/26/2005, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>Here's a preliminary patch that actually makes my laptop recover from S3
>sleep (first time I've ever seen this happen with NetBSD!).
>
>   http://www.invisible.ca/~jmcneill/netbsd/d600/acpi-sleep-piixide.patch

A few suggestions

pci_state_saveoff is a horrible name, how pci_state_capture.  Or
really pci_conf_capture/restore since that's what it is doing.

Define a structure for the state/config to be stored, even if it's
just a struct pci_conf_state { pcireg_t reg[16] };

Just put the structure in the softc, don't try to malloc it.  The
code do the malloc/free/error-checking is more than the amount of
space you are allocating.  Not a wise tradeoff.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/