Subject: cdevsw in the new device order
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2005 22:20:24
What has replaced the traditional cdevsw in the new world order for
device attachment?  I'm trying to port some code forward to 2.0 and I
have a line

 (*cdevsw[major(sc->cdev)].d_ioctl)(sc->cdev,...);

What is a suitable repalcement for this in the new device attachment
framework?  Is there a simple change I should make, or will I need to
do something more elaborate (such as change my paradigm)?  Or do I need
to show more details for those questions to be answerable?

And, is there somewhere I can find these answers for myself?
/usr/share/doc does not appear to contain anything helpful.  I did some
poking around with man -k, but almost everything either turned up no
hits or far too many hits to be of any use.  "man -k device | egrep 9"
looked hopeful, but the only thing that looked promising was device(9),
which doesn't seem to help any - it doesn't talk about the [bc]devsw
glue from the caller's perspective, and only barely from the device
driver's perspective.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign