Subject: Re: ACPI suspend support.
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Kentaro A. Kurahone <kurahone@sigusr1.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2005 15:55:01
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:29:35AM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
[snip]
> My knowledge of x86 assembler is limited, but with the following patch I
> am able to resume, and my machine works for about 5 seconds before all
> of my devices start spewing errors and key input stops working. Could
> someone review this patch and let me know why it seems to work (and
> certainly, what I'm doing that's very wrong).

Oh ok.  I'm guessing that's why the FreeBSD code I swiped this stuff from
has "hw.acpi.reset_video".   My laptop's LCD wouldn't come up unless
I reset it, and I left the sysctl out.

I've gotten this code to the point where I can reliably suspend when X11
is running, and the box comes up, and X11 is still running without issues.

Unfortunately I still need to fix pccbb and auich.  (Also see the traffic on
port-i386 regarding the driver/powerhooks stuff.)

--
Kentaro A. Kurahone
SIGUSR1 Research and Development