Subject: Re: 2.0 garbaged data - maybe nfs issue?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2005 20:39:48
>> I copied source files from the NFS server [...], I found that a lot
>> of the copied files contained utter garbage - binary junk bearing no
>> visible relationship to the source file.  [...] SPARCstation LX.
> Hmm, I've been compiling kernels via NFS for months now, with an AIX
> box as server and various NetBSD boxes running all kinds of -current
> kernels as clients,

Oh, I don't know whether the bogus data was present in the NFS-client
view of the file.  I copied it from the NFS-remote space to local disk,
and the bogus data appeared when looking at the local copies (including
the bizarre one which contained data cc saw but less and vi didn't).  I
didn't go back and look at the NFS-remote copies to see if they looked
broken as well.  It's entirely possible, for all I know, that if I'd
just been running diskless everything would have been fine.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign